<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

The President's speech last night should have been called "The State of Their Union" address. The first half was about how wonderful things in Afganistan & Iraq are now that we have gone in. That's just great. For them. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if I had a good job. I had an opportunity but due to budget cuts, the school that I could have been working for didn't have the money to continue the position. Now why are the budgets so tight? There were over 1000 new jobs created in December (the Bush Admin. was projecting 100,000 - 150,000 new jobs, just a bit south of their prediction) and things are getting better for the stock market (slowly) so, IF you have stocks (which I don't) you might be feeling a bit better. Unfortunately, I have neither stocks nor a good feeling.
I am still doing the adkins thing, one week and three days...don't know how much I've lost yet, will wait until Monday to weigh in...






Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?