<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Alright, I've done it. I have seen all the films nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar. The most recent is "Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World." (MCTFSW) While it was a very good movie, once again, it was just not nearly BEST picture. I enjoyed the cinematography and the story, the acting was fine and I recommend seeing it. Here is the ranking order of Best Picture:
1) The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Hands down the Best Picture nominated.
2) Lost in Translation: |--------Tie. While I loved both these films, they won't win.
2) Seabiscuit:-----------/
4) Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World: Very good, but no way.
5) Mystic River: I didn't see the hype. Good film, but I thought Cold Mt was better.

Murray should win the Best Actor Oscar, but it'll probably go to Sean Penn.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?