<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Who'd thunk it. An animated French film with nearly zero dialogue and oddly rendered nominated for best animated picture!? I saw "Triplets of Belleville" last night, and I must say "WOW!" This was an amazing film, full of detail, insight and commentary. It was as funny, heartfelt and satisfying as any film in recent memory, and I want to see it again! The details are so rich, I think you'd need to see it twice to catch most of it. While not for children, due to some violence and one comic boob shot, it's rife with humor, brains and makes a great statement about American life (I found Belleville to be a bizarre sort of America, where nearly everyone subservient was thin, and the majority of the population was grossly obese. There is even a picture of someone in front of the "HollyFood" sign, and check out the "Statue of Liberty!!") There is subtle irony in the main characters, in their desire to find happiness. The main song is infectious and delightful. I must change my vote to "The Triplets of Belleville" over "Finding Nemo"


ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
BROTHER BEAR
FINDING NEMO
THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE*

P.S. I need to research it, but I would venture to guess this is the same animation style used for "Aeon Flux."


P.S.S. I researched it, and I think I am wrong, but dang, it's close!!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?