<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

I finally saw "Runaway Jury" with John Cusack, Gene Hackman,
Rachel Weisz & Dustin Hoffman. I have to say while enjoyed it enough
to recommend it, I have to point out the same problem I had with
"The Firm." It wasn't the book! Based (loosely) on the John Grisham
novel of the same title, the film deals with jury tampering in a Gun
Lawsuit, whereas the book was a Tobacco lawsuit. A huge change, but
it still worked. Cusack continues to do solid work, Gene Hackman was
good, Ms. Weisz made a compelling (and attractive) addition and
Dustin added a nice ingredient to the mix. Overall a nice, solid
crime thriller.


Comments:
I recently saw "Runaway Jury" as well. I have to admit, I bought it because I was suckered into the 3 for $25 previously rented movies deal, so I wasn't like itchin to see it or anything. Oh, and, I popped it in the other night because my cable was out for hours and hours and hours. Nonetheless, I liked it. It kept me entertained - not that that takes much on a cable-less day. I really liked the ending, and being one of the few who has not read the book, I was not disappointed that the plot was changed. I also was disappointed in "The Firm". It was a whole lot better than the hours I wasted watching "The Hours" (also on the 3 for $25 shelf). Liked the ending, but I actually had to nap halfway through!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?